From the academic year 2012-13, Mangalore University will be offering courses in Tulu through correspondence. Certificate, Diploma and Post-graduate diploma courses would be on offer from the Directorate of Correspondence Courses. Kannada script would be used for the purpose of curriculum and instruction.
- Six-month certificate course - Pass in SSLC examination or equivalent course
- One-year diploma course - Pass in the pre-university course or equivalent course
- One-year postgraduate diploma course - Bachelor degree
- Six-moth certificate course - Basic knowledge of Tulu and communication in Tulu
- One-year diploma course - Tulu literature, folklore and culture and communication
- One-year postgraduate diploma course - contents of certificate and diploma courses and comparison study of Tulu with other Dravidian languages.